Mrs N Walker – Teacher of English – Acting English Subject Leader
Mrs S Newton – Teacher of English – English Coordinator for Assessment and Monitoring
Mrs A Mullen – Teacher of English – Film Studies Subject Leader
Mrs N Kitt – Teacher of English and Drama
Mrs P Law – Teacher of English – Classics Subject Leader
Mrs J Parker – Teacher of english and Film Studies
Mrs B Tsocos – Teacher of English (A Level)
Ethos of the Department
To ensure that the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda permeates every aspect of our work
Objectives: To ensure that
- Each child feels valued and secure.
- Each child makes academic progress.
- Each child is aware of her potential and her strengths and areas for improvement.
- Each child is given realistic but challenging targets to facilitate progress.
- Each child understands what she is being asked to do and how tasks will facilitate progress.
- Each child is given the opportunity to voice ideas and contribute positively to lessons.
- Each child has high self-esteem even if she struggles with some aspects of the subject.
- Each child feels able to ask for help and advice.
- Each child genuinely believes English lessons are worthwhile.