The Sacred Heart of Mary Girls’ School is a Catholic learning community with a strong family ethos and Jesus Christ at its centre. We seek to ensure that all may have life, life to the full.
“Ut Vitam Habeant”
VALUES AND ETHOS
We provide a warm and caring environment with a distinctive Catholic identity that encourages:
- a personal relationship with God;
- respect, love and service;
- gospel values such as honesty, justice, generosity and forgiveness;
- a strong family ethos;
- a commitment to social justice and compassion for those who are most in need;
- an appreciation of uniqueness and difference;
- independence of thought, self-discipline and confident leadership;
- a life-long love of learning.
Our pupils live these values throughout their life in the school.
A variety of assemblies take place across the week allowing pupils to develop these core values. The House assemblies provide an opportunity for younger pupils to learn from older pupils and to develop the family House identity.
Regular charity events encourage pupils to think about those less fortunate than themselves and how they can support the wider school community.
Pupils have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills across all year groups with roles in school and participation in wider events.